Squash is a new food adventure for me. So far so good! Tonight we have cute acorn squashes. Let’s bake ’em! 🙂
Paleo Baked Acorn Squash
Servings: 2-4 Prep time: 10-15 mins Cook time: 40-50 mins Preheat oven: 400°
2 acorn squashes
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
4 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 can coconut milk (creamier the better!)
2-4 pinches thyme
2-4 pinches oregano
4 pinches salt
- Wash both acorn squash, cut in half vertically, and de-seed.
- Poke holes on the inside with a fork or score with a knife, making sure not to puncture the skin (we don’t want coconut cream and lemon juice escaping!)
- You should have 4 acorn squash halves. With cut side up (like little bowls!) spread 1-2 tablespoons creamy coconut milk on the inside of each half.
- Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice to each half and sprinkle garlic, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper on each.
- Wrap in tin foil and bake cut side up in the oven for 40-50 minutes until fork soft.
In Health, Wellness & Love,
Mariah Brooks, LMT, BCTMB